10 October 2016

The long and winding road to my Toyota 86


Image courtesy of Jay Bellchambers


Our new columnist, Jane Speechley, tells us about her history with cars and why she bought a sports car.

There are two early experiences that have particularly shaped my attitude towards cars.

To begin with, there was my first car, which is now (sentimentally) referred to as the Hyundai Deathtrap. A well-priced Excel hatchback from a seemingly well-established dealership, I thought I was making a sensible choice.

A little young and naïve, I didn’t notice the paint colour inside the engine bay was different to the exterior. Or that the white smoke coming from the exhaust wasn’t just due to the cold weather.

Yes, yes, I know – did I mention I was young and naïve?

Read more at https://practicalmotoring.com.au/voices/long-winding-road-toyota-86/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Discover The Plot at Pialligo this Sunday and support bushfire recovery

Love discovering new markets? Love food, wine and regional produce? Want to support local businesses, especially those impacted by the b...