05 December 2016

What I learned sliding through gravel at 160km/h [with video]




Behind the clouds of dust and dirt, what’s really going on inside a world rally championship car during the heat of the race? Jane Speechley was lucky enough to get a glimpse.

AS COMEDIAN ROB SITCH said in one of the famous Sh!tscared stunt sketches by The Late Show/Working Dog crew – ‘I don’t have the brown underpants on for nothing.’


To be fair, I was more excited than nervous when the Hyundai Motorsports team first invited me to ride along through a stage of the World Rally Championship course in Coffs Harbour, with their star New Zealander driver Hayden Paddon. 

My rally-loving friends assure me it’s a once-in-a-lifetime chance, and an opportunity not to be missed.

Read more at https://practicalmotoring.com.au/voices/learned-sliding-gravel-160kmh/  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Discover The Plot at Pialligo this Sunday and support bushfire recovery

Love discovering new markets? Love food, wine and regional produce? Want to support local businesses, especially those impacted by the b...