04 January 2017

I'm going back to Summernats ... how about you?






I haven’t been to Summernats for a very long time.

I attended the annual celebration of fuel, fumes and flaming rubber when I was younger and wilder – because Summernats then was a place for the young and wild. And I have to say, what I saw fulfilled every clichĂ© of the darker side of Australia’s most notorious motoring event.

From alcohol-fuelled violence to disturbing mob behaviour towards women, and just plain old stupidity – sadly, my observations were far from unique.

Read more at https://the-riotact.com/im-going-back-to-summernats-how-about-you/192304

No comments:

Post a Comment

Discover The Plot at Pialligo this Sunday and support bushfire recovery

Love discovering new markets? Love food, wine and regional produce? Want to support local businesses, especially those impacted by the b...